Easy Vegan Jambalaya
Pressed for time? Have a lot of leftovers? Spice up your usual meal prep with this easy vegan Jambalya!
Rice (your preference)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1.5 teaspoons oregano
salt and pepper to taste
Vegan Sausage (I prefer Field Roast)
1/4 cup yellow pepper
1/4 cup of onion
1 tablespoon of hot sauce
1. Boil water in a medium-sized pan and cook your rice as you usually would. Add all of the spices to the rice and allow it to cook down into the rice. Stir occasionally.
2. Dice your onion and pepper. Add oil to a large skillet and sweat the onion (it becomes translucent and soft, but not brown). Add the yellow pepper.
3. Add your broccoli into the skillet with the other vegetables. (I used frozen broccoli that I had already heated earlier in the week but you can use fresh as well).
3a. Stir in a pinch of the spices to the vegetables.
4. Slice the sausage and also add it to the skillet with the vegetables. Allow everything to become slightly brown.
5. Add the rice and spinach to the skillet. As you stir, add a tablespoon of hot sauce. Allow everything to mingle for another minute or two.
6. Now eat! You’re done!
Share your version with me in the comments down below or tag me online @chloemeisner. Happy cooking!